Where to find Michael H. Payne's stuff throughout that magical land known as the Internet!
- "Familiars," the first of the stories about Cluny the Sorceress Squirrel, originally published in Sword & Sorceress 19 in 2002;
- a reading of "Where There's Smoke," the eighth of the Cluny stories, on the Far Fetched Fables podcast;
- "Why They Call Me Mr. Goddamn Happy," a science-fiction romance short story, originally published on the Helix SF website in 2007;
- "The Super Secret Origin of She-Man," a superhero romance short story, originally published on the Helix SF website in 2008;
- "The Butterfly Effect," a sonnet included in the 2nd annual poetry collection on the website [adjective][species];
- "One About a Badger, Apparently," a villanelle included in the 2016 Write Like You're Alive anthology from Zoetic Press;
- "Dissociative Fugue," a pantoum that won the 106th Weekly Poetry Contest on the Poetry Nook website;
- "Not a Creature is Stirring," a little anapestic thing that got an "honorable mention" in the 111th Weekly Poetry Contest on the Poetry Nook website;
- "Attack of the Fifty Foot Doughnut," a set of limericks that got an "honorable mention" in the 115th Weekly Poetry Contest on the Poetry Nook website;
- "The Stars, Like Penguins," my first real attempt at free verse that got an "honorable mention" in the 117th Weekly Poetry Contest on the Poetry Nook site;
- "Foolish Consistency," a set of limericks that got an "honorable mention" in the 138th Weekly Poetry Contest on the Poetry Nook site;
- "On the Ontology of Glass Spiders," a science-fiction short story on the Aurora Wolf web site;
- "A New Age," the 23rd of 31 poems in a cycle called Albatrossed: A Romance in 30 Sonnets and a Chant Royal, published in the 2017 edition of the Write Like You're Alive anthology from Zoetic Press;
- and hundreds of thousands of words of My Little Pony fanfiction and poetry under the pseudonyms AugieDog and Baal Bunny.
- Rat's Reputation, the sequel to my 1998 novel The Blood Jaguar, is available now from Sofawolf Press;
- my Amazon.com Author Page has three fantasy novels and a dozen fantasy and science-fiction short stories that appeared in places like Asimov's SF, Marion Zimmer Bradley's Fantasy, and Tomorrow Speculative Fiction;
- "Immolation," the second Cluny story, is in the anthology What Happens Next;
- the rest of the Cluny stories are in the Sword & Sorceress anthologies starting with #23;
- "Emergency Maintenance," a talking animal science-fiction story, can be found in the anthology The Furry Future;
- my 1991 novelette "Crow's Curse," 3rd place finisher in that year's Writers of the Future contest, has been reprinted in the collection An Anthropomorphic Century;
- "A Study in Sorrel," a short story combining themes from both Sherlock Holmes and My Little Pony, can be found in NonBinary Review #9;
- and "The Precession of the Equinoxes," a talking animal fantasy story, appears in the anthology Gods With Fur.
You can also: